Boats Dont Work without Electricity: Boats are becoming increasingly more dependent on electricity. In some cases you can’t even flush the toilet without power! We’ve seen an explosive growth in electrical and electronic equipment over the past decade. Accordingly, boaters are experiencing unprecedented comfort and ease in boat handling. This has had the following results:
Impact of Inadequate Installations: Some boats have inadequate electronic products that are often poorly installed or improperly using electrical circuits. This can have serious consequences:
- Substandard wiring can cause chronic battery drain, frequent system faults, or even precipitate electrolysis and fires.
- Equipment malfunctions have become the most common maintenance problem on many types of boats — especially older ones.
Gallery Marine Electrical Surveys: Our electrical surveys examine the external condition of the wiring, connections and system installations. We will examine what is visible without removing equipment. Typically we will examine the electrical aspects of the following components:
- Bilge pumps and water pumps
- Starters / Alternators
- Power Inverters and converters
- AC and DC electrical systems
- Battery systems and chargers
- Control panels
- Alarm panels